Source: You're the Chef
Credit where it's due (see above). We have used this as a base for a number of tasty dips. Once you begin to think of it as another in the hummus family you enlarge the limits considerably as far as flavour, texture and ingredients go and the world is your oyster, clam, mussel, scallop, etc.
- 1 eggplant, cut in 15mm slabs
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ! tablespoon garlic, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup yoghurt, low fat
- 1 teaspoon salt, perhaps a little more
- 3 tablespoons tahini or peanut butter
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- (optional) 1/2 to 3/4 cup approx of frozen peas
- Coat the eggplant slices with garlic and oil, and grill under high heat until eggplant is slightly charred and soft in the centre. Cool completely.
- Combine remaining ingredients with the eggplant and puree.
RECIPES HOME PAGE
DAVE ON CURRY
Sauces, Chutneys, Relishes, Jams and Marmalade
Spreads, Dips, Entrees, and Dressings
With Meat or Fish