There are a few slightly more elaborate recipes around, and if you’re looking just for biscuits, by all means have a go. If you are making your annual politically correct statement, this is the only “approved” recipe.
You will need
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup medium rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 125g butter
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pre-heat oven to 160C
- Combine dry ingredients and mix well
- Melt butter and golden syrup over a gentle heat
- Dissolve baking soda in boiling water
- Combine all the above in a bowl. Adjust with a little water or melted butter if too dry to ball easily. Add a little flour if too sloppy.
- Form into balls about the size of a walnut and place on greased baking tray, allowing 4cm between. Flatten slightly with a fork
- Cook in the middle of the oven for 15-20 minutes.
RECIPES HOME PAGE
DAVE ON CURRY
Sauces, Chutneys, Relishes, Jams and Marmalade
Spreads, Dips, Entrees, and Dressings
With Meat or Fish